If you are tired of projecting movies and sports events onto the wall or bed sheet in your backyard, then this large Nierbo projector screen could be just what you are looking for.
It’s certainly big, with a total viewing area of 176” x 101-1/5”. But, it’s also completely portable too, so you don’t have to leave it up hanging outside when the weather gets bad.
The screen is hardy though, so a shower of rain should not affect performance. It’s a good idea to keep bugs away though, or at the very least scrape them off as soon as possible. It can be difficult to keep the screen clean otherwise.
- HIGH DEFINITION PROJECTION EFFECT from NIERBO canvas material projector screen always gets applause and compliments from everyone who sees it. The 1.6 gain and the 160°wide viewing angle shows a clearer image and more excellent resolution. High quality product deserves high price. Not include the mount and hooks.
- DURABLE, NO ODOUR CANVAS MATERIAL is environment-friendly and thick. Since it's a kind of cloth, we fold it for shipment like a T-shirt. You can choose to wash and iron this projector screen as most people did or stretch it tightly on a proper frame to let the creases gone. Not include the stand.
- EASY TO INSTALL METAL EYELETS makes this projection screen possible to install by nails, hooks, ropes, bungee ball cords, hook & loops, etc. 28pcs reinforced metal eyelets of NIERBO 200 inches projection screen makes it possible to be stretched from every direction to get the flattest picture.
- PERFECT SIZE 200 INCHES, format: 16: 9, display area: 447x257cm / 176'' x 101.2'' fits for 9ft, 10ft, 11 ft rooms and more. Foldable and portable to use both indoor and outdoor. No matter for home theaters, classrooms, conferences, or outdoor movie parties, one NIERBO projector screen meet all needs.
- After sale service: If any problem, please contact us. A problem solved solution will be provided within 24 hours.
Handy Hint: Read the latest Amazon reviews for the Nierbo Projector Screen.
First Impressions of the Nierbo Projector Screen
The first thing I noticed about the 200 Inch Large Nierbo Projector Screen is that it comes tightly packed. This means that it’s pretty wrinkled when you unpack it. You need to be prepared to either create a frame to stretch it over or get busy with an iron.
But a word of warning; It’s not a good idea to use a hot iron on the canvas; stick to warm and be very careful when ironing out the creases and wrinkles.
A frame is not included with the screen, you simply hang it, which is one of the main reasons why it’s so low in cost.
The screen has eyelets that can be used for hanging. You just need to supply the rope or bungee cord and the hooks.
So, first impressions are not great if you look at how wrinkled the screen appears when you first unpack it – but don’t let that put you off, as it’s easy to remedy as I have explained. In fact, the manufacturer even supplies instructions on how to iron the creases out safely.
What Else Will You Need for the Nierbo Projector Screen
If you do not want to deal with a screen that is wrinkled, you need a frame to stretch it on or an iron. You really cannot use it effectively until you get the wrinkles out. You could hang weight underneath to pull it, but ideally, get it stretched out really tight before viewing movies on it.
You will also need a rope or bungee cord, and some hooks so that you can hang the screen for use. You may even want to use some PVC piping to create a more permanent frame for the screen.
You will also need a decent movie projector. You can see my latest recommendations by clicking here.
- Supports front and rear projection
- 16:9 screen format and diagonal 200′
- 176” x 101-1/5” viewing area
- 15 x 9 x 4 inch package size
- White canvas material
Setting Up and Using the Screen
What I really love about Nierbo 200 Inch Large Projector Screen is that it’s easy to set up, once you have dealt with the wrinkle issue. You just unroll it, smooth it out, and hang it, using a rope or bungee cord and some suitable hooks.
If you want to use the screen on a regular basis, it may be a good idea to create your own frame, to make the screen more stable.
- Fully portable
- Easy to hang
- Eyelet holes for flexible hanging.
- Rear projection results are not as good as front projection
- Preparation required before first use due to wrinkles
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Here are some common questions that people are asking about this screen, with my answers which will help you to decide whether you want to buy or not.
Does the screen come with a rope for hanging?
No, you need to provide your own hanging materials
Can the screen be used for ultra-short throw protectors?
Yes, it can be used with any projector and supports front and rear projection. Better results are achieved with front projection.
Can the screen be used in harsh weather conditions, such as snow and heavy rain?
The screen is reasonably sturdy. But, it’s an affordable screen and its lifespan may reflect this. It’s best to protect the screen as much as possible.
What size PVC should be used to create a curtain rail style frame from the screen?
1″ PVC should be sufficient for this. You can read a tutorial on how to do so here.
What is the inside diameter of the eyelet holes?
The inside diameter of the holes is 0.59 inches.
Nierbo Projector Screen – Review Summary
The Nierbo 200 Inch Large Projector Screen is ideal for anyone who is looking for an affordable screen that can be used outdoors.
The screen is fully portable, so it’s easy to simply hang it up in the yard when you have visitors, watch a movie, then take the screen down and store it away.
Although the screen seems to be fine after a rain shower, I probably would not recommend it being left outside on a permanent basis. It’s a piece of canvas that is not probably not going to last long if it’s subjected to adverse weather conditions all the time.
The screen provides a much better experience if you use front projection than it does if the rear projection is used. Although, it does support both. It depends on how bothered you are about the quality of the image that is displayed.
Overall, the Nierbo 200 Inch Large Projector Screen is what you would expect. It’s an affordable product that does a decent job of providing an area where you can screen movies, TV shows, and sports events.
If you are on a budget, then I would certainly recommend it – you see the latest prices on Amazon here.