With these product recommendations, you can get your backyard movie night up and running in no time at all. All of the products listed below have been tested by myself and come highly recommended and, when coupled together, come in at less than $100.
By setting this screen and projector up, you can watch movies in your backyard. The projector can also be used indoors, so you aren’t restricted depending on the weather.
TopVision 1080P Supported HD Mini Projector
- 🎥【PERFECT HOME CINEMA EXPERIENCE】: TOPVISION T6 mini projector with upgraded LED lighting that provides +85% brightness than an ordinary projector. 1920x1080 resolution supported. Ideal for home video in the backyard, hosting parties, and movie nights while traveling. Not recommended for PowerPoint or other office presentations.
- 🎥【BIG SCREEN SIZE EXPERIENCE】: This portable movie projector provides a watching size from 72” to 240” with a projection distance between 6.8ft to 22ft. The best projection distance is 9.5 feet, to achieve the best projection size of 90 inches. You could enjoy a visual feast with the widescreen. (Bonus: 100” screen)
- 🎥【BUILT-IN HIFI STEREO SPEAKER】: High clear stereo speakers provide powerful, crystal sound. You can also hook up an external speaker with a 3.5mm audio output for better sound. To reduce the noise, outdoor projector equipped with the latest dual-fan system for its even better performance and immersive audio experience. Power voltage: 100V-240V 50/60Hz.
- 🎥【MULTIMEDIA PORTABLE PROJECTOR】: Home projector includes 2*HDMI, 2*USB, VGA, AV, TF, and Audio output. It is compatible with TV Box, Chromebook, PC, Laptop, Tablet, Blue-ray DVD player, SD Card, USB Flash Drive, Video Games, Media players (Music, Pictures, Video, TXT), Smartphones.
- 🎥【HOW TO CONNECT TO A SMARTPHONE】: When connecting with an iPhone, an extra Lightning to HDMI adapter is needed. When connecting with an Android phone, an extra Micro USB/Type C to HDMI adapter is needed. (Adapter is not included in the package). No need to install any app, this phone projector can mirror display your phone screen.
100″ Projector Screen Included
This excellent projector for backyard movies offers high-definition resolution in a 16:9 widescreen format. It has built-in speakers and can connect to virtually any media player or storage device possible.
The packages that I recommend do not include additional aspects that you will need to put on a successful backyard movie party. I assume you will already have these items, but here’s what you need to know if you don’t.
You Will Need a Media Player or Storage Device to Play Movies From. You will also need HDMI cable adapter to your smartphones port if you wish to stream from your smartphone.
With this projector, you can plug in any of the following device types to play movies or sports from:
- iPhone, iPad, Mac
- Android phones and tablets
- Computer, PC, laptop
- Blu-Ray player
- DVD player
- Game consoles include Playstation and Xbox
- Amazon Firestick, Roku Stick
- USB flash drives or hard discs
This projector comes with the following port types:
- 2 HDMI inputs
- 1 USB inputs
- Micro SD
It also comes with a free HDMI cable, so you will have no problems at all in connecting up your preferred video source and start projecting.
You Will Need Speakers
The outdoor movie projector package I recommend above does come with built-in speakers. Still, they probably won’t offer a great audio experience if there’s a group of people attending your night.
I always recommend that you hook speakers into your media player or the actual projector. This is simple enough to do, and you can either use the speakers that come with your media player or purchase some additional ones to give you a beefier sound.
If you want additional sound, then the best speakers that would be compatible with this projector would be the following ones: